Sunday, 14 May 2017

My Week #19 In Review (2017)

Passed My Driving Test, Got Allocated A Research Project,Time To Apply For The Transfer To Medicine And Charity Danceathon

  
I have done a lot of mind mapping this week/ Omelette for breakfast/ My most colourful mind map yet/ Mummy's food still keeping me going/ I took part in a charity danceathon raising money for SWAN UK/ My first proper braid out attempt/ So done with mind mapping :D

Quote of The Week

"Peace is not the absence of affliction, but the presence of God"

I have to say that his week was my favourite week so far this year. I mean God works in our lives constantly but sometimes you just have those moments when things happen and you can clearly confirm that it was God working all along. So many things happened this week and I was not even ready for it.

First of all, I passed my driving test on Monday. I started my driving lessons during the summer and I had to do my driving test asap as my theory expires next month. There were times when I felt really discouraged as I felt that things weren't going as well as I would have liked them to. I started to accommodate the possibility of me failing my test and then having to spend more money to register for another one. But God is faithful and He always comes to our rescue when we need Him. On the day of my test, I wasn't nervous at all. I did make a few mistakes but overall, I wasn't afraid because I had decided to let God take control. When I drove back to the test centre, the examiner told me that I almost made a mistake that would have caused me to fail my test but thankfully that did not happen because God didn't let it. It seems like such an insignificant event but I was truly overwhelmed by how God stepped in and how He did not let me down. I was again reminded about the fact that He does hear us when we pray because He cares about our needs- even the little things that others may think are insignificant.

The second thing that happened to me this week was that I got allocated a research project for next year. I mentioned in a previous post that the research project titles had been released and that I had set my heart on one. This one is very similar to the summer vacation studentship project I applied for so I thought it would be really good experience to do a project over the summer that would potentially help me with my project next year. I contacted my supervisor and asked if he would be willing to consider me for the project and he immediately told me to just choose the project I wanted and he wasn't going to offer it to anyone else. The reason why I thought this was such a blessing was because the process is not really that simple. A lot of my friends have to write essays, go for interviews and even sit exams to get a research project and I was handed one just like that. I can't begin to explain how grateful I am to God for this.

The other amazing thing that happened to me this week was that I found out that I had gotten the summer vacation studentship funding from the Soceity of Reproduction and Ferility. I had mentioned a few weeks ago that my supervisor and I applied for funding from external soceities since we could not secure one from the university. It had been a while since we applied and I was starting to worry but they finally replied and I got it. Again, I am so grateful for this opportunity. I get to work for 6 weeks in a research lab over the summer which will be amazing experience for me as I am interested in research.

 Also, the application forms for the transfer to medicine scheme were released this week. That means that I have to start thinking about preparing for interviews now. There is just so much going on all at once and it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes but I am just believing God for strength to pull through.

I also took part in a 12 hour charity danceathon this week. I didn't stay for the full 12 hours but it was nice to be part of something like that. We were raising money for SWAN UK which is a charity that helps families with children that have rare genetic conditions. It was a fun experience and I am glad that I decided to take part.

Finally, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I watched a movie called "Have A Little Faith" and that the movie taught me a very special lesson. I also mentioned that I was going to talk a bit more about it but since this post is too wordy, I thought I would share the video instead. I did a short Bible Study video on the topic "What's Your Glory?" and you can watch it below if you are interested.



What has God been doing for you recently?
Please do let me know in the comments.
Thanks so much for reading.
Have a lovely day.
God bless :)