Sunday, 7 May 2017

My Week #18 In Review (2017)

Back To Uni, Start Of Lectures, Getting More Sleep, Module Allocations, SSP2 Presentations And Research Project Titles

Flu serotyping practical/ Rainy start to the week/ After my SSP2 presentation

Quote Of The Week
"You may have seen God's goodness in the past, but you have not even touched the surface of what God has for your future"

This week, I went back to uni and started lectures on Tuesday. We started the term with immunology and also cancer lectures. I am loving it so far but it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes as there are a lot of pathways and drug names that we have to know. We also had a flu serotyping practical which was kind of a waste of three and half hours as a lot of our serotypes ended up not working. We are expected to do a write up for that practical and that will be my last practical write up ever for this term and maybe even this degree. I survived the week and I am also hoping to stick it out till the end.

I made a decision to go to bed at 11 p.m this week or before 12 a.m as I have a really bad habit of going to bed in the early hours of the morning and then turning up to lectures the next morning feeling really tired. It really helped me a lot. I wasn't tired during lectures and I was also able to get up early and do some work before my lectures in the morning. So moral of the story is, go to bed early friends. Especially if you are a student. Trust me, you need those hours of sleep.

On Wednesday, we got allocated our module options for next year. I got 2 from my top 3 choices and got another which was my 5th choice. Overall I am glad I got my first choice which is the Science of Reproduction module. I also got the Biomedical Research Techniques Of Drug Development module which I wanted too as I am interested in research. I also got the Clinical Neuroscience module instead of Biology of Cancer but I think I am going to be sticking with Clinical Neuroscience. 

You see in my life, things have not always worked out my way and I have received many disappointments in the past but through it all, I have learnt to trust that God knows what I need better than I do so I want to keep letting Him take control. That is why when I didn't get the third module I wanted, I prayed about it and found that I had peace within me. God gave me that peace because I believe it was His will. I learnt something amazing this week that is not about the ability of God for He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think. It has always been about His will. His good and perfect will and that is what I am after. If God is willing, He will let things happen so trust His will because He knows best. He is God after all.

We also had our SSP2 presentations this week. It was my first ever presentation at uni and I have to say that my group did really well. I'm glad that God favoured us the way He did. The titles for research projects for next year were also released this week. There are a lot of interesting titles but I have my heart set on one which I really want to do. I have contacted the supervisor and I will update you guys about it when I get a reply. I also will update you guys about my summer vacation studentship application when I get a reply from them. 

Hope you all had an amazing week.
Thanks for reading
Have a lovely day
God bless :)