Sunday, 30 April 2017

My Week #17 In Review (2017)

 Watching More Christian Movies, The End Of Camp NanoWrimo And Back To Uni Tomorrow
Watching a movie called "Have A Little Faith"/ My new Bible cover finally came and I love it/ My dad made pepper soup for us and it was really good/ I won Camp NanoWrimo

My Inspiration For The Week

"He's been God a long time. He knows what He's doing."

This week, I had one of those moments again where I was feeling a bit discouraged because of certain things that were going on around me. I let it weigh me down a little bit and I found that I couldn't concentrate when I tried to study. So I took a journalling break and listened to some worship music and soon I was encouraged by the lyrics to the song King Of My Heart. I find it very comforting that we can always rely on God as our ever present help in time of need so that made me grateful for God's presence which never leaves us and which reminds us that we are never alone.

I love watching Christian movies because they encourage me and they make me think about certain things or look at them in ways that I probably would not have looked at them before. So this week I watched a movie called "Have A Little Faith". It was recommended to me by YouTube and I thought it sounded like a good movie so I decided to watch it. The movie is based on a true story and it is about a writer who was asked by his childhood Rabbi to write a eulogy for him. Over the course of 8 years, this writer got to know this Rabbi and he unknowingly went on a journey to rediscover his own faith. Soon enough he began to ask himself questions and in his quest to do good and make a difference, he was led to Jesus. He soon learned a lot about how grace works and what our purpose is on earth.  The one question that kept coming up throughout the movie and which I ended up asking myself at the end was "What is my glory?" I am going to doing another post talking about this question soon but for now, I would recommend the movie "Have A Little Faith".

My Easter break has finally come to an end and I will be going back to uni in London tomorrow. I start lectures again on Tuesday and I can't believe a month has gone by just like that. I am grateful for this month of April though and I think it has been quite a productive one. One of the reasons is because I took part in a virtual writing retreat which has now come to an end.

Camp NanoWrimo April 2017 Week 4 Vlog

So Camp NanoWrimo is officially over and I am so happy to say that I won. I exceeded my word count goal of 10,000 words and ended up with a total word count of 12,062 words. If you would like to see what I got up to, then you can watch the video below.

Hope you all had a lovely week.
Thanks so much for reading
Have a lovely day.
God bless :)