Thursday, 27 April 2017

Medic Mind UKCAT Course

Hello everyone,

If you have been following my blog for a while, you might know that I have applied for medicine in the past and I am still thinking about applying in the future. One of the things I have learnt is that the medicine application process can be very daunting especially if you go into it without much help. I remember not getting very much help the very first time I applied and that had a lot of impact on my application. I have been looking out for good resources that can help me better prepare for the whole application process and I recently came across the Medic Mind website. Medic Mind is an organisation that offers services which can be very useful to anyone looking to apply for medicine in the future and so I thought I would tell you guys all about their UKCAT course and the other resources on their website.

UKCAT Course

Medic Mind offers UKCAT courses in different locations all over the UK and they have expert teachers that give advice and cover all aspects of the UKCAT. I know a lot of other UKCAT courses that cost about £300 and these are not affordable for many students. Medic Mind offers their courses at only £35 for the full day which I think is so much more affordable than the others. They also provide useful  materials including practice questions and other interactive sources that can be very useful to applicants. They are also going to be sharing some BMAT study resources on the website including practice questions, study guides and useful tips.

Free talks and workshops

Medic Mind also offers free talks around UK schools to provide students with information about UCAS, personal statements, admissions tests and interviews. They are also looking to set up workshops in London where applicants can talk to current medical students and get advice from them.

Free resources

The website contains A Level resources which include free past paper questions that have been organised by topic and you can access those here. They also have free revision notes for GCSE, AS and A2 and they are also going to be sharing some resources that will help prepare applicants for medicine interviews.

The mission of Medic Mind is to provide assistance to students who are struggling with their application and as they are not profit motivated, they provide services that are so much more affordable for students. Medic Mind also raises funds for charities and so by paying for the UKCAT courses, you help raise funds for these charities as well.

Displaying Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 22.13.36.png

I think these resources and services offered by Medic Mind could be very useful to any potential medicine applicants or anyone interested in a career in health care so if you would want to find out more about all of these resources and services, you can visit their website. I think I certainly would want to make use of some of these resources too.

Thanks for reading
Have a lovely day
God bless :)